Michael Wolff plans to write a sequel to ‘Fire and Fury’
New York media writer Michael Wolff is planning a sequel to “Fire and Fury,” his tell-all book about President Trump’s early months in office.
Wolff told Axios that he has signed with Henry Holt, the publisher behind “Fire and Fury,” for a sequel. Exactly what it will focus on, however, is unclear.
“It’s untitled, unscheduled, unfocused,” Wolff told Axios, though he did make clear that however the sequel shapes up, it will involve U.S. politics.
“It’ll obviously deal with American politics at this point in time,” he said.
Many of the sources Wolff used in “Fire and Fury” have left the White House, and he’s unlikely to get the same access to Trump’s closest aides and advisers that he previously got.
“Fire and Fury” painted a picture of a chaotic White House full of competing factions and disarray. But the book also drew criticism from some journalists, Trump allies and White House officials for a number of inaccuracies.
President Trump repeatedly criticized the book himself on Twitter.
I authorized Zero access to White House (actually turned him down many times) for author of phony book! I never spoke to him for book. Full of lies, misrepresentations and sources that don’t exist. Look at this guy’s past and watch what happens to him and Sloppy Steve!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 5, 2018
I’ve had to put up with the Fake News from the first day I announced that I would be running for President. Now I have to put up with a Fake Book, written by a totally discredited author. Ronald Reagan had the same problem and handled it well. So will I!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 7, 2018
Regardless, the book has sold 2 million copies in the U.S.