Fox News host Leland Vittert said that President TrumpDonald TrumpGrant Woods, longtime friend of McCain and former Arizona AG, dies at 67 Super PACs release ad campaign hitting Vance over past comments on Trump Glasgow summit raises stakes for Biden deal MORE’s decision to suspend joint military exercises with South Korea was a “big give to the North Koreans.”
Vittert on Thursday was discussing Secretary of State Mike PompeoMike PompeoObama looks to give new momentum to McAuliffe The CIA's next mission: Strategic competition with China and Russia Biden, Trump tied in potential 2024 match-up: poll MORE’s visit to North Korea following the historic summit with Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un last month.
Michael Waltz, a former adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney, said that Pompeo can reinforce the denuclearization program with North Korea by threatening military force.
“How do you have a credible use of military force when you’ve ended military exercises, you’re allowing China to cheat on the sanctions and the North Koreans have not done anything to show their good faith?” Vittert asked.
“Nothing,” he emphasized.
Waltz pushed back, pointing out that Trump only suspended one military exercise.
“You can’t deny that was a big give to the North Koreans and we haven’t really gotten anything in return,” Vittert responded.
The Pentagon announced shortly after the summit that the U.S. would indefinitely suspend two training exercises with South Korea.
Pompeo directly contradicted Trump’s claim last month that North Korea was no longer a nuclear threat following the summit in Singapore.
"I'm confident what he intended there was, 'We did reduce the threat,'" Pompeo said, according to CNN. "I don't think there's any doubt about that."