Tucker Carlson: Man accusing me of assault called my daughter a 'whore'

Tucker Carlson responded to attorney Michael Avenatti's claim that he was investigating an "alleged assault" on a "gay Latino immigrant" by the Fox News host last month, saying in a detailed statement that the man had called his teenage daughter a "whore" at a Virginia country club.

The response comes after Avenatti, who has clashed with Carlson before, tweeted a video that appeared to show Carlson telling someone "get the f--- out of here." The video does not show Carlson assaulting anyone. 

In an extended statement provided to The Hill, Carlson said the man called his 19-year-old daughter a "whore" and also called her another derogatory term, which prompted his college-aged son to throw a glass of wine in the man's face.

ADVERTISEMENT

“On October 13, I had dinner with two of my children and some family friends at the Farmington Country Club in Charlottesville, Virginia," Carlson said. "Toward the end of the meal, my 19-year-old daughter went to the bathroom with a friend. On their way back through the bar, a middle aged man stopped my daughter and asked if she was sitting with Tucker Carlson. My daughter had never seen the man before. She answered: ‘That’s my dad,’ and pointed to me. The man responded, ‘Are you Tucker’s whore?’ He then called her a ‘f*** c***.’ "

"My daughter returned to the table in tears," the statement continues. "She soon left the table and the club. My son, who is also a student, went into the bar to confront the man. I followed. My son asked the man if he’d called his sister a ‘whore’ and a ‘c**t.’ The man admitted he had, and again become profane. My son threw a glass of red wine in the man’s face and told him to leave the bar, which he soon did."

"Immediately after the incident, I described these events to the management of the Farmington Country Club," Carlson said. "The club spent more than three weeks investigating the incident. Last week, they revoked the man’s membership and threw him out of the club." 

"I love my children," he adds. "It took enormous self-control not to beat the man with a chair, which is what I wanted to do. I think any father can understand the overwhelming rage and shock that I felt seeing my teenage daughter attacked by a stranger." 

"But I restrained myself. I did not assault this man, and neither did my son," the statement concludes. "That is a lie. Nor did I know the man was gay or Latino, not that it would have mattered. What happened on October 13 has nothing to do with identity politics. It was a grotesque violation of decency. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life.”  

 
Avenatti responded to Carlson's statement, calling it a "lie," while accusing his son of committing "assault and battery" and Carlson being "intoxicated." Carlson has said in interviews he quit drinking more than 16 years ago.

The incident going public on Saturday comes three days after a group associated with left-wing antifa, or "anti-fascist," activists converged on Carlson's home in Washington, D.C., chanting "Racist scumbag, leave town!" and warning on social media that Carlson and his family were "not safe."

"BREAKING. Activists ring doorbell, hold protest at the Washington D.C. area home of @TuckerCarlson, racist, sexist, bigoted FOX News personality. So far no one has opened the door," read a since-removed tweet by Smash Racism DC, which associates itself with antifa.

The tweet, which is no longer online after the group's Twitter account was suspended, included video of the chants being made outside Carlson's home.

“Tucker Carlson, we will fight! We know where you sleep at night!" it added.

"Every night you spread fear into our homes—fear of the other, fear of us, and fear of them. Each night you tell us we are not safe. Tonight you’re reminded that we have a voice," another tweet read. "Tonight, we remind you that you are not safe either. 

The Hill has reached out to Farmington Country Club for comment.