Fox's Napolitano: Mueller report 'might be enough to prosecute' Trump

Fox News legal analyst Andrew Napolitano said Thursday that evidence detailed in special counsel Robert MuellerRobert (Bob) MuellerCNN's Toobin warns McCabe is in 'perilous condition' with emboldened Trump CNN anchor rips Trump over Stone while evoking Clinton-Lynch tarmac meeting The Hill's 12:30 Report: New Hampshire fallout MORE's report “might be enough to prosecute” President TrumpDonald John TrumpMark Kelly clinches Democratic Senate nod in Arizona Trump camp considering White House South Lawn for convention speech: reports Longtime Rep. Lacy Clay defeated in Missouri Democratic primary MORE

“Depending upon how you look at them, it might be enough to prosecute,” Napolitano said on his series “Judge Napolitano’s Chambers.”

“But it did show a venal, amoral, deceptive Donald Trump, instructing his aides to lie and willing to help them do so. That’s not good in the president of the United States,” he added. 

“On obstruction of justice … the president is not exactly cleared,” he also said on the show, pointing to nearly a dozen instances of potential obstruction detailed in the report.

ADVERTISEMENT

Napolitano previously weighed in on the Mueller report last month, following a summary issued by Attorney General William BarrBill BarrTrump administration awarding M in housing grants to human trafficking survivors Trump stokes conspiracy about Epstein death, stands by wishes for Ghislaine Maxwell Democrats' silence on our summer of violence is a tactical blunder MORE

“In the 700-page summary of the 2 million pages of raw evidence, there is undoubtedly some evidence of a conspiracy and some evidence of obstruction of justice,” Napolitano said last month. “Just not enough evidence.”

The Justice Department on Thursday released Mueller's report on his nearly two-year investigation into whether Russia interfered in the 2016 election. The report detailed 10 episodes in which Trump might have obstructed justice.  

Barr said in a summary of the report prior to its release that he and Deputy Attorney General Rob Rosenstein had determined that there was not sufficient evidence to pursue an obstruction of justice charge against the president.