Actor Cuba Gooding Jr. was reportedly charged Thursday with forcible touching relating to an alleged groping last week in New York City.
Gooding Jr. voluntarily surrendered to New York City Police for questioning on Thursday, according to CNN.
ABC News reported that he will be arraigned later in the day in the Manhattan criminal court.
Gooding Jr.'s attorney, Mark Heller, said the actor will enter a plea of not guilty and expects to be fully exonerated, CNN reported.
"In my 50 years, almost, of practicing law, I have never seen a case like this one because there is not a scintilla of criminal culpability that can be attributed to Mr. Cuba Gooding Jr. after I have extensively, with my staff, reviewed the video of almost two hours which reflects the entire event for which we are here today," Heller said at a news conference.
Heller was not immediately available for comment from The Hill on Thursday night.
According to CNN, New York police met with Gooding Jr. after a 29-year-old unnamed woman filed a police report claiming that he grabbed her breast Sunday at a Manhattan bar. NYPD Manhattan Special Victims Squad is investigating the incident, according to CNN.
Gooding Jr., who denies the claims, has faced similar allegations before. A group of women accused him of fondling them at a bar in New Mexico in 2012, according to ABC News. He denied the claims and no charges were filed.
The actor was also accused in 2012 of pushing away a female bartender in New Orleans, CNN noted. The woman eventually dropped charges, according to CNN.