SPONSORED:

Fox News anchors, executives to be tested after potential COVID-19 exposure at debate

Top executives and anchors for Fox Corp. and Fox News will reportedly receive COVID-19 tests after potential exposure at the presidential debate on Tuesday, two days before President TrumpDonald TrumpBlinken holds first calls as Biden's secretary of State Senators discussing Trump censure resolution Dobbs: Republicans lost in 2020 because they 'forgot who was the true leader' MORE tested positive for coronavirus.

The New York Times reported on Friday that among those who attended the debate included Lachlan Murdoch, executive chairman of the Fox Corporation; Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott; President Jay Wallace; and Fox News anchors including Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum.

Other reporters and staff who worked at the Cleveland event will also be tested.

ADVERTISEMENT

A source close to the matter told The Hill that the organization was “taking all necessary precautions, including testing, to ensure the safety of our anchors, reporters and staff who attended the presidential commission debate in Cleveland or were in the proximity of the White House within the last week.”

"Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris WallaceChristopher (Chris) WallaceRomney: Total figure for Biden coronavirus stimulus is 'pretty shocking' Rubio: Trump impeachment trial is 'stupid' Romney noncommittal on impeachment vote but says trial is likely constitutional MORE moderated the 90-minute event. He told "Fox & Friends" on Friday that he was always about 10-12 feet from the two candidates but will still get tested.

Democratic nominee Joe BidenJoe BidenDobbs: Republicans lost in 2020 because they 'forgot who was the true leader' Should deficits matter any more? Biden's Cabinet gradually confirmed by Senate MORE tested negative on Friday.

Other Fox News broadcasters in Cleveland included Sean HannitySean Patrick HannityMcConnell faces conservative backlash over Trump criticism Almost 7 in 10 oppose Trump pardoning himself: poll Can the GOP break its addiction to show biz? MORE, who conducted an on-set interview with Donald Trump Jr. after the debate, Brit Hume, Dana Perino, Juan Williams, Bill Hemmer and Karl RoveKarl Christian RoveSarah Huckabee Sanders to run for governor Giuliani won't be part of Trump defense at Senate trial Officials brace for second Trump impeachment trial MORE, who was the top strategist for former President George W. Bush.

The next debate between Trump and Biden will be a town hall format, scheduled for Oct. 15 in Miami. The timing of the event, given Trump's quarantine, raises questions about whether it will still go forward in that setting.

Updated at 4:45 p.m.