Media

Fox News anchors, executives to be tested after potential COVID-19 exposure at debate

Top executives and anchors for Fox Corp. and Fox News will reportedly receive COVID-19 tests after potential exposure at the presidential debate on Tuesday, two days before President Trump tested positive for coronavirus.

The New York Times reported on Friday that among those who attended the debate included Lachlan Murdoch, executive chairman of the Fox Corporation; Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott; President Jay Wallace; and Fox News anchors including Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum.

Other reporters and staff who worked at the Cleveland event will also be tested.

A source close to the matter told The Hill that the organization was “taking all necessary precautions, including testing, to ensure the safety of our anchors, reporters and staff who attended the presidential commission debate in Cleveland or were in the proximity of the White House within the last week.”

“Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace moderated the 90-minute event. He told “Fox & Friends” on Friday that he was always about 10-12 feet from the two candidates but will still get tested.

Democratic nominee Joe Biden tested negative on Friday.

Other Fox News broadcasters in Cleveland included Sean Hannity, who conducted an on-set interview with Donald Trump Jr. after the debate, Brit Hume, Dana Perino, Juan Williams, Bill Hemmer and Karl Rove, who was the top strategist for former President George W. Bush.

The next debate between Trump and Biden will be a town hall format, scheduled for Oct. 15 in Miami. The timing of the event, given Trump’s quarantine, raises questions about whether it will still go forward in that setting.

Updated at 4:45 p.m.

Tags Chris Wallace Donald Trump Joe Biden Karl Rove Sean Hannity

The Hill has removed its comment section, as there are many other forums for readers to participate in the conversation. We invite you to join the discussion on Facebook and Twitter.

Most Popular

Load more

Video

See all Video