Conservatives lean into warnings on 'wave of censorship'
Fox News co-host quarantining after positive COVID-19 test
Fox News co-host Todd Piro is self-isolating after contracting COVID-19, he announced via Twitter on Monday.
In a tweet, the "Fox & Friends First" co-host said he tested positive "a few weeks ago" and has been in quarantine since.
A Fox News spokesperson told The Hill that the network followed proper protocols and said executives "immediately began contact tracing" upon being notified of Piro's diagnosis and alerted colleagues who had been within 6 feet of him immediately.
"Since the start of the pandemic, FOX News Media has implemented strict company-wide protocols adhering to all CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] and state guidelines, including regular testing of all in studio on-air personalities as well as mask mandates and daily health assessments for all employees entering the building. Following the positive diagnosis of Todd Piro, the network immediately began contact tracing and all those within contact were notified. Notably, neither of his on-air colleagues were ever within six feet of Piro for 15 minutes leading up to his diagnosis, both of whom have since reported multiple negative tests following. The health and safety of employees continues to be our top priority," said a Fox spokesperson.
News of Piro's absence from the network due to a positive COVID-19 test comes just days after The Washington Post reported that "60 Minutes" co-host Lesley Stahl was hospitalized with the virus earlier this year, while more than a dozen employees at the network have tested positive just this month. CBS representatives maintained that the levels of positive tests at their New York bureau was lower than the city's average.
Piro's diagnosis also follows a COVID-19 scare at the network late last month when the network's president and several other top figures at Fox were advised to quarantine after being exposed to someone who unknowingly had the virus while traveling back from Nashville to New York after the second presidential debate.
Updated to include information about COVID-19 cases at CBS News.