SPONSORED:

Fox Corp. signs Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott to new multiyear deal

Fox Corp. signs Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott to new multiyear deal
© Fox News Media

Fox Corporation agreed to a new multiyear contract with Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott, who has held the position for almost three years, the company announced on Tuesday.

 

Scott, the first woman to serve as Fox News’s CEO, signed the deal with Fox Corp. that extends her contract, Fox Corp. CEO and Executive Chairman Lachlan Murdoch said in a release, adding that Scott is “the ideal person to continue to lead and grow with” the network.  

“Suzanne’s stellar leadership and business acumen is evident across FOX News Media,” Murdoch said in a statement. “Her investments in the people and purpose of FOX News have enabled us to shatter ratings records, build a leading multi-platform news brand and create a more collaborative and inclusive internal culture.” 

ADVERTISEMENT

Scott in a statement thanked Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch “for the opportunity to continue leading FOX News Media and positioning all of our platforms for future success.” 

The release did not include the specific length or financial costs of the agreement. 

During her tenure, the Fox News Media CEO, who has been with the network since 1996, has managed the launch of Fox Nation, Fox News International and Fox News Books and has declared plans to introduce Fox Weather. She also oversaw the recent revamping of programming on Fox News last month, as well as previous updates to Fox News Digital and Fox News Audio.

Under Scott, Fox News Media also earned a 2020 Great Place to Work designation following the network’s overhaul after former Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes left following sexual misconduct allegations against him. 

Previously, Scott worked as the president of programming for Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network before becoming CEO in 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT

Fox News last year touted its fifth consecutive year as the most-watched cable network, but ratings declined after the presidential election, as several supporters of former President TrumpDonald TrumpGaetz was denied meeting with Trump: CNN Federal Reserve chair: Economy would have been 'so much worse' without COVID-19 relief bills Police in California city declare unlawful assembly amid 'white lives matter' protest MORE expressed frustration with the network’s election coverage and its decision to call Arizona and later the entire race for now-President BidenJoe BidenFederal Reserve chair: Economy would have been 'so much worse' without COVID-19 relief bills Biden to meet Monday with bipartisan lawmakers about infrastructure Jill Biden gives shout out to Champ, Major on National Pet Day MORE, despite those moves being accurate. 

During Fox News's ratings lull this January, CNN ended Fox News’s years-long streak of being the top-rated cable news network. But Mediaite noted Fox News’s ratings have since started to “normalize.”

News of the contract also comes as Fox News and three hosts were named in a $2.7 billion lawsuit from voting technology company Smartmatic, alleging they spread disinformation about the election. One of the hosts, Lou DobbsLouis (Lou) Carl DobbsDominion lawyer: We haven't ruled out suing Trump, other media outlets What to know about Dominion's legal fight with Fox News Bartiromo to host 'Fox News Primetime' next week MORE, had his Fox Business Network show canceled after the lawsuit was filed. Fox News has called the lawsuit “meritless.”