News

Warren: ‘I wonder if America will ever be ready for a male president again’

Getty Images

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) said late Wednesday that she wonders whether President Trump will be the last male president of the U.S.

During her keynote address at a gala for EMILY’s List, a PAC that aims to elect Democratic women who support abortion rights, Warren said there is nothing but “bad news” coming out of the White House.

“The news out of the White House just keeps on coming: Bad news, bad news, bad news,” she said. “The way that things are going, if the next three years and 261 days are like Donald Trump’s first 100 days, I wonder if America will ever be ready for male president again.”

{mosads}”We’re going to shatter the glass ceiling into so many pieces that the Donald Trumps and Mitch McConnells of the world will never be able to put it back together again,” she added, according to NBC News.

Warren has stoked speculation of a possible 2020 presidential bid, launching a cross-country tour last month to promote her new book, “This Fight Is Our Fight: The Battle to Save America’s Middle Class.”

During her address, Warren criticized Trump for failing on promises he made during his presidential campaign and vowing that an “army” of resistance would fight him.

“I’ve got news for Donald Trump: Up against our army, he doesn’t stand a chance.”

Tags Donald Trump Elizabeth Warren Mitch McConnell

Copyright 2024 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

See all Hill.TV See all Video

Most Popular

Load more