Two Capitol riot suspects who took private plane to DC arrested in Texas

Two Dallas-area real estate agents have been arrested and charged in connection to the storming of the Capitol last month in Washington, D.C., according to the FBI.

Katherine Schwab and Jason Hyland reportedly took a private plane from Texas to the nation's capital and participated in riot that left five people dead.

The two flew with Jenna Ryan, another real estate agent from Texas who has been arrested for her role in the riot, and another unidentified person, according to the criminal complaints in their cases.


Hyland, who was arrested in Texas on Tuesday, was charged with knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.

He was seen in multiple pictures from the riots and described his entry into the Capitol to authorities, his criminal complaint says

“HYLAND described the walk up the steps of the Capitol building as a ‘funnel’. There were two Capitol Police Officers holding the doors open at the top of the stairs. HYLAND asked if he could go inside, and one of the police officers said, ‘everyone else is,’ ” the complaint reads.

Hyland was reportedly the one who set up the plane trip for himself, Schwab, Ryan and the other unidentified passenger. 

Schwab was arrested in Texas on Monday and is facing the same charges as Hyland.

She was also seen in photos at the riot and posted on Facebook afterward that she was in the building, the complaint says


She responded to a Facebook user who asked if she got pictures inside the Capitol saying “no because they closed the door behind us and had their guns drawn at a few...interesting though, the national guard was in there and didn’t move an inch. They sat back. They didn’t fight against us at all...because there was no need to. After the girl was shot and killed that’s when we raised hell.”

Ashli Babbitt, a military veteran, was shot and killed inside the Capitol during the riot. 

Schwab says she did not stay in the building long and had an officer escort her out because she was being crushed by the crowd, according to the complaint. 

More than 100 people have been arrested since the deadly attack last month. There are likely to be more arrests as authorities keep investigating the matter.