Louisville police release Breonna Taylor incident report listing injuries as 'none'

The Louisville Metro Police Department has released an incident report relating to the death of Breonna Taylor, an unarmed black woman who was fatally shot by police in her own home in March, but it includes little to no information about the events that led to her death, the Courier Journal reports.

As the paper notes, while a copy of the report obtained by the Courier Journal shows details such as the date of the Taylor’s death, the three officers involved and the location, it provides very limited information in the "narrative" portion of the report. It also lists her injuries as "none."

In the report, Taylor is listed as the victim, while the three officers are listed as the offenders. The report also has a section dedicated to “charges,” which it describes as “death investigation — LMPD involved.” In the same section, it has a label that reads, “bias motivation,” under which someone typed, “none (no bias.)” It also had a box filled in for “no” under a “forced entry” label.


On the fourth and last page of the report, which is meant for the “notes/narrative,” the document states two words: “PUI investigation.”

The report’s release comes after the Courier Journal brought a legal challenge against the local police department in an effort to obtain the investigative file into Taylor’s death.

In response to the police report, Richard Green, the paper’s editor, said in a statement included in the Courier Journal’s coverage that “the public deserves more.” 

"I read this report and have to ask the mayor, the police chief and the city's lawyers: Are you kidding? This is what you consider being transparent to taxpayers and the public?" Green said. 

According to NBC News, Taylor was fatally shot in her apartment in Louisville, Ky., on early March 13 when police visited the home she shared with her boyfriend, executing a no-knock search warrant as part of a drug case.

Taylor and her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, had reportedly been asleep but woke up and thought someone had broken into their apartment. Walker, who is reportedly licensed to carry a firearm, fired at an officer after calling 911. Taylor reportedly died after police began firing into the home, shooting her eight times.

According to the news network, no drugs were uncovered in their apartment afterward.