Bullock: Missing first debate not a 'blow to my campaign'

Bullock: Missing first debate not a 'blow to my campaign'

Montana Gov. Steve BullockSteve BullockNew poll finds Biden, Warren in virtual tie in Iowa Gabbard drives coverage in push to qualify for October debate Partisan divisions sharpen as independent voters fade MORE, one of the two dozen Democrats running for the party's 2020 presidential nomination, said Sunday he is "disappointed" to miss the first debate, but added, "I don't think it's a blow to my campaign in the slightest."

Bullock is one of four Democrats who failed to meet criteria set out by the Democratic National Committee for the first debates, which will take place Wednesday and Thursday. 
 
ADVERTISEMENT
Instead of appearing on the debate stage, Bullock will spend those days participating in town halls and on Sunday told Chris WallaceChristopher (Chris) WallaceAmash says Sanford presidential bid won't impact decision on whether he runs in 2020 Trump labels GOP challengers the 'Three Stooges' Pompeo: Taliban talks are dead 'for the time being' MORE on "Fox News Sunday" that those forums are another example of how he has "put people above politics."
 
 
Bullock missed the cut-off for the debates when he failed to either amass financial support from 65,000 unique donors or achieve 1 percent support in three qualifying polls. He was initially thought to have qualified until the DNC announced it would exclude one of the polls he was using.
 
His campaign announced last week he qualified for the second debate, to be held in July.