Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) said on Sunday that his administration is getting “mixed messagings” from the Biden White House when it comes to COVID-19 booster shots.
“I mean we're getting some mixed messagings out of the administration, out of the CDC, the FDA and the White House and, you know we need clear guidance on these booster shots because it undermines the credibility of it,” Hogan said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
WATCH: Gov. Larry Hogan (R-Md.) says people his state needs “clear guidance on these booster shots.”@GovLarryHogan: “We’re getting some mixed messagings out of the administration … the [Covid] messaging was not clear with either administration.” pic.twitter.com/9alCBSraib— Meet the Press (@MeetThePress) September 5, 2021
Hogan noted that there was confusion among people regarding which individuals would be eligible for the COVID-19 booster shot.
The Biden administration had initially signaled that individuals who had received both doses of the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine would be eligible for a booster shot starting in September.
Biden administration officials signaled last month that COVID-19 booster shot rollout for people who had either vaccine would begin as early as Sept. 20, pending approval by both the FDA and a CDC advisory committee. However those plans now seem murky.
However, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Rochelle Walenksy and Janet Woodcock, the acting commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), reportedly met White House coronavirus coordinator Jeff ZientsJeff ZientsWTO faces renewed scrutiny amid omicron threat Overnight Health Care — Presented by March of Dimes — Abortion access for 65M women at stake Biden administration to ship 11 million vaccine doses abroad MORE to say that only some people who received the Pfizer vaccine may now only be eligible currently for the third shot of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Additional confusion also swirled about the timeline in which health officials would be administering a third shot to individuals after President BidenJoe BidenHouse passes 8B defense policy bill House approves bill to ease passage of debt limit hike Senate rejects attempt to block Biden's Saudi arms sale MORE said the timeline between second and third shots could be shortened.
Biden’s chief medical adviser Anthony FauciAnthony FauciOvernight Health Care — Biden mandate faces Dem resistance First study of omicron shows Pfizer vaccine may be less effective Edie Falco join PETA in pitching animal experimentation reforms MORE clarified that timeline was still eight months after a second dose was administered but noted the timing was flexible.
“We're still planning on eight months. That was the calculation we made. This rollout will start on the week of September the 20th. But as we've said all along, Chuck, in the original statement, that's the plan that we have, but we are open to data as they come in,” Fauci told NBC’s Chuck ToddCharles (Chuck) David ToddGOP Sen. Braun says abortion laws should be left up to states Klobuchar says 'best way' to protect abortion rights is to codify Roe v. Wade into law NIH director says it's 'possible' omicron will not be last emerging variant MORE on “Meet The Press” last week.