New Hampshire Air National Guard Base issues all clear after reports of possible shots heard

New Hampshire Air National Guard Base issues all clear after reports of possible shots heard

New Hampshire's Pease Air National Guard Base was locked down Tuesday morning after possible shots were reportedly heard.

The lockdown was lifted about an hour later.

ADVERTISEMENT

National Guard officials initially told WMUR that the incident was being treated as an active shooter scenario. They later said there was no evidence that shots were fired.

There are no reports of injuries, officials said.

New Hampshire National Guard spokesman Lt. Col. Gregory Heilshorn told The Hill in a statement that authorities had received multiple reports of noises sounding like gunfire on the base around 11:30 a.m.

Base security as well as state and local law enforcement responded, he said, adding that an all clear was issued around 12:40 p.m.
 
"The base was previously on lockdown as we treated the incident with extreme precaution, and the utmost safety of our community in mind," Heilshorn said.
 

--This report was updated at 2:10 p.m.