International

N. Korea announces plan to launch missile salvo toward Guam

KCNA via Getty Images

North Korea has reportedly announced a plan to launch ballistic missiles toward Guam.

Pyongyang detailed its plan, which includes launching four of its Hwasong-12 missiles to waters by Guam, The Associated Press reported.

The missiles would fly over Japan and go “1,065 seconds before hitting the waters 30 to 40 kilometers away from Guam,” according to the news service.

{mosads}The plan will reportedly be given to leader Kim Jong Un in the next few weeks for approval.

The news comes as President Trump intensifies his rhetoric against North Korea.

Earlier this week, Trump issued a warning to Kim.

“He has been very threatening beyond a normal state, and as I said they will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which this world has never seen before,” Trump said at his golf club in Bedminster, N.J.

On Wednesday, Trump ratcheted up his rhetoric, touting the strength of the U.S. nuclear arsenal.

Trump in a tweet said he hopes the U.S. will never have to use this “power” but added there will “never be a time that we are not the most powerful nation in the world.”

His comments came after a report that North Korea crossed a major threshold in its quest to become a nuclear power by successfully producing a miniaturized nuclear warhead that can fit into a missile.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Wednesday urged Americans to remain calm and said he doesn’t think there is “any imminent threat” from North Korea. 

Tags Rex Tillerson

The Hill has removed its comment section, as there are many other forums for readers to participate in the conversation. We invite you to join the discussion on Facebook and Twitter.

See all Hill.TV See all Video

Most Popular

Load more

Video

See all Video