A spokeswoman for Vice President Mike PenceMichael (Mike) Richard PencePences' pet rabbit, Marlon Bundo, dies Pence says both Capitol riot and nixing filibuster are a 'power grab' McCarthy says he won't cooperate with 'illegitimate' Jan. 6 probe MORE on Monday pushed back against a report that the vice president’s trip to Israel would be delayed beyond January.
The Times of Israel reported Monday that Pence was not included on the Israeli Foreign Ministry’s list of foreign dignitaries expected to visit in January, and that his visit had been delayed indefinitely.
But Pence’s press secretary, Alyssa Farah, told The Hill that the report is false.
She added that Pence is “still going in January.”
Pence had announced in early December he was delaying his trip to the Middle East, citing the vote on the GOP tax overhaul bill. Republicans passed the legislation on Dec. 20.
Pence at the time was expected to travel to the region the week of Jan. 14, when he would visit Israel and Egypt.
Pence’s planned visit was met with some blowback after President TrumpDonald TrumpTrump lawyers to Supreme Court: Jan. 6 committee 'will not be harmed by delay' Two House Democrats announce they won't seek reelection DiCaprio on climate change: 'Vote for people that are sane' MORE in early December recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, and announced the U.S. would move its embassy there from Tel Aviv.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas announced he would not meet with Pence in light of Trump's Jerusalem decision.