Europe

Prince Charles out of self-isolation after testing positive for coronavirus

 

Prince Charles is out of self-isolation after testing positive for the coronavirus, the BBC reported Monday, citing a palace spokesman. 

“Clarence House has confirmed today that, having consulted with his doctor, the Prince of Wales is now out of self-isolation,” a spokesman told the BBC. 

The palace official told the BBC that the 71-year-old prince is in good health and following the government’s restrictions. 

He had spent seven days self-isolation in Scotland, according to the BBC. 

Clarence House announced last week that Prince Charles had tested positive for the coronavirus. He was tested after displaying mild symptoms. His wife Camilla, the duchess of Cornwall, tested negative for the virus, according to the statement. 

The duchess will self-isolate until the end of the week, the BBC reports. 

Queen Elizabeth II, 93, is quarantined in Windsor, England, with Prince Phillip, 98. 

Large public events that the queen and other members of the royal family had planned to attend in coming months will be canceled or postponed, and the annual Maundy Service at St. George’s Chapel will not be held, Buckingham Palace had previously announced. 

 
Tags Coronavirus Prince Charles

The Hill has removed its comment section, as there are many other forums for readers to participate in the conversation. We invite you to join the discussion on Facebook and Twitter.

Most Popular

Load more

Video

See all Video