McCabe says he would 'absolutely not' cut a deal with prosecutors

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabeAndrew George McCabeBrendan Gleeson lands Trump role in CBS miniseries based on Comey memoir Judge tells DOJ to charge McCabe or drop investigation McCabe says he would 'absolutely not' cut a deal with prosecutors MORE, who might be facing an indictment, said Tuesday that he would never cut a plea deal with prosecutors because he did not do anything wrong. 

"Absolutely not, under any circumstances," McCabe said when asked whether he would take a deal in a CNN interview

ADVERTISEMENT

"I never intentionally misled anyone about anything and I will not stand up and claim that I've done something I didn't do," the CNN contributor continued.

"The inspector general made a referral to the U.S. attorney's office. If they follow the facts and they follow the law, I am confident that nothing will come of it.  

A Justice Department inspector general's report said that McCabe "lacked candor — including under oath — on multiple occasions" during interviews with federal investigators. McCabe reiterated his rejection of the report and its conclusions in the CNN interview. 

Then-Attorney General Jeff SessionsJefferson (Jeff) Beauregard SessionsTrump attacks Sessions: A 'total disaster' and 'an embarrassment to the great state of Alabama' Ocasio-Cortez fires back at Washington Times after story on her 'high-dollar hairdo' Trump's tirades, taunts and threats are damaging our democracy MORE fired McCabe days before he had been set to retire, saying that the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility and Office of Inspector General found that he had made an unauthorized disclosure to the media by permitting FBI officials in 2016 to speak with reporters about a probe into the Clinton Foundation. 

A U.S. attorney has recommended moving forward with charges against him, rejecting his internal appeal.