SPONSORED:

South Carolina man accused of planning terrorist attack he said could be 'Netflix worthy'

South Carolina man accused of planning terrorist attack he said could be 'Netflix worthy'
© Getty Images

A federal affidavit says that a South Carolina man planned attacks on various locations in the U.S., claiming that they would be “Netflix worthy.” 

According to the Columbia, S.C.-based newspaper The State, documents from the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas in San Antonio say that Kristopher Sean Matthews, who used the alias “Ali Jibreel,” attempted to plan coordinated attacks with other individuals on behalf of ISIS. 

The State reported Wednesday that Matthews, along with fellow alleged ISIS supporter and Texas resident Jaylyn Christopher Molina, are currently in police custody for “conspiring to provide material support or resources to a designated foreign terrorist organization.” 

ADVERTISEMENT

Documents obtained by The State reportedly show that FBI investigators used covert tactics to track Matthews and Molina. 

In one discussion between the men, Molina allegedly said “we need to stick together, we need to defeat them, we need to take a lot of casualties,” with potential targets including Trump Tower and the stock exchange in New York. 

Matthews reportedly said that the terrorist attacks would give the men “rock star status baby,” adding that use of bombs on various locations throughout the U.S. “could be Netflix worthy.” 

The State reported that the federal affidavit indicated the two men discussed the possibility of joining ISIS in Syria. 

The arrests come after the Trump administration announced last week that it had sent mechanized infantry and other assets into Syria in order to increase its support of coalition forces aiming to defeat the remnants of ISIS in the area. 

The announcement came as President TrumpDonald John TrumpMore than 300 military family members endorse Biden Five takeaways from the final Trump-Biden debate Biden: 'I would transition from the oil industry' MORE has repeatedly said he is withdrawing troops from the Middle East to diminish America’s “endless” wars.