Facebook removes video of Trump citing his suspension from platform

Facebook removed a video of an interview between former President TrumpDonald TrumpDeputy AG: DOJ investigating fake Trump electors Former Boston Red Sox star David Ortiz elected to Baseball Hall of Fame Overnight Health Care — Senators unveil pandemic prep overhaul MORE and his daughter-in-law Lara TrumpLara TrumpJan. 6 organizers used burner phones to communicate with White House: report Past criticism of Trump becomes potent weapon in GOP primaries Trump endorsement shakes up GOP Senate primary in NC MORE based on the platform’s indefinite suspension of the former president, a company spokesperson confirmed Wednesday. 

Lara Trump Tuesday night posted a screenshot of an email that appears to notify her that the video had been removed in line with the platform's current suspension of the former president. Her post also included a screenshot of an email with an earlier time stamp that seemingly warned her that video of the interview would be removed if posted. 

A Facebook source verified the email posted by Lara Trump was authentic.

ADVERTISEMENT

The email also warns Lara Trump that posting similar content could lead to more limitations on the account. 

“In line with the block we placed on Donald Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, further content posted in the voice of Donald Trump will be removed and result in additional limitations on the accounts,” the email said. 

Lara Trump criticized the decision in her caption, writing, “and just like that, we are one step closer to Orwell’s 1984. Wow.”

The 18-minute interview with the former president is still up and available to view on the website for Lara Trump’s “The Right View” show. 

Facebook banned the former president indefinitely shortly before he left office. The decision was prompted by posts he made regarding the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. 

Facebook has left the decision on whether to permanently ban or reinstate former President Trump’s account up to its Oversight Board. The board has yet to announce its decision. 

Twitter, which also banned the former president after the insurrection, has said its ban is permanent.