A court ruled Wednesday that President TrumpDonald TrumpGraham says he hopes that Trump runs again Trump says Stacey Abrams 'might be better than existing governor' Kemp Executive privilege fight poses hurdles for Trump MORE’s now-defunct voter fraud commission must hand over documents demanded by a Democratic member of the panel.
Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap (D) filed suit against the commission in November, claiming that he was blocked from receiving necessary documents.
The U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia ruled that the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity must hand over the relevant documents by July 18.
Trump set up the commission weeks after his inauguration in order to investigate his unfounded claims of widespread voter fraud in the 2016 election. He dissolved it by executive order in January, saying that some states did not hand over voter information.
The court previously ruled in December that Dunlap was entitled to the documents in order to fully participate in the Commission’s activities, but the Wednesday ruling says that the Commission did not comply.
The court denied the commission’s request to reconsider the previous order, and also rejected Dunlap’s request for a restraining order.
The Commission has suggested that it would appeal the ruling, according to the court filing.