Title: Program Manager
The Institute for the Study of War (ISW) seeks a full time Program Manager to advance ISW’s mission and support its leadership team through project and operational process management.
The Institute for the Study of War (ISW) promotes an understanding of war and conflict by providing data and critical analysis to key American political and military leaders. In addition, ISW seeks to educate civilians about war and conflict, thus bridging the gaps between military and civilian decision-makers. ISW aims to improve how the United States formulates and executes its national security policy. ISW is vigilant at monitoring crises around the world, and has a track record of accurately predicting potential and actual conflicts. ISW’s publications and events reach a wide and diverse audience.
The Program Manager will work with ISW’s President and Directors to execute the organization’s mission and vision in an operational capacity by coordinating projects, developing processes, managing external relationships, and promoting research products. The Program Manager is a natural forward-thinker and leader who takes initiative to tackle challenges with flexibility and a solutions-oriented attitude. The position requires a keen intuition of executives’ intent in order to engage with internal and external stakeholders effectively. An interest in national security is vital to lead organizational projects thoughtfully.
- • Build execution plans and coordinate among personnel working on projects and deliverables by developing goals, timelines, strategies, logistical plans, communication standards, reporting mechanisms, and evaluation criteria;
- • Provide administrative support, including calendar management and the coordination of internal meetings, to executives;
- • Oversee business operations for the organization, which includes information technology and event planning as well as oversight on office space management.
- • Identify key gaps in operational processes and create and implement solutions to maximize efficiency and information sharing without contributing friction;
- • Manage relationships and coordination with external vendors and technology and research partners;
- • Facilitate the operational management of staff and intern onboarding programs and professional development opportunities;
- • Support other operational functions when necessary, such as posting and promoting research products and other deliverables using email marking tools and social media platforms;
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
- • A Bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years professional experience in a fast-paced logistics-focused role are required; experience developing operational policies and procedures is preferred;
- • Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail. Successful candidates should be as comfortable managing an email inbox as they are with untangling complex systems processes;
- • Strong time management skills and the ability multi-task competing projects with adaptability to shifting priorities and deadlines;
- • Superior interpersonal skills with a keen awareness on how to effectively engage with personnel across different departments and organizations with different approaches and communication styles;
- • Excellent written communication skills, with an understanding of grammar, spelling, and professional tone;
- • Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion;
- • An interest in national security and a desire to advance ISW’s mission and research through an operational lens.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Compensation will be commensurate with work experience. To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume online here: https://understandingwar.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=118&source=aWQ9Nw...