Position: Policy Advisor
Location: Washington, D.C.
As the nation's largest health care-focused law firm, Hall Render is distinguished by its attorneys and policy advisors' extensive knowledge and experience. Our professionals provide the nation's best health systems, hospitals, physician organizations and other health care industry partners with legal and strategic counsel on all aspects of health care legislative, regulatory, business, compliance, litigation and operational matters. Commitment and experience complement the firm's understanding of the evolving landscape of today's health care industry, distinguishing Hall Render as one of the nation's preeminent health care law firms.
Based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office, Hall Render’s Federal Legislative & Regulatory Advocacy team bring decades of experience in the development and implementation of health policy initiatives for a variety of health care organizations. They identify issues contained in federal legislation and regulations and provide an in-depth analysis of how those issues impact our health care clients. Our attorneys and policy advisors have strong relationships developed through years of work on Capitol Hill and in the Executive Branch of the federal government. They routinely work with Members of Congress and committee staff to draft federal legislation, secure federal funding or stop measures that might adversely affect the interests of our health care clients. As a result, Hall Render was named one of the Top-Performing Lobbying Firms of 2020 by Bloomberg Government.
- • Monitor legislative and regulatory issues of importance to clients
- • Prepare legislative and regulatory reports, issue briefs, talking points and other advocacy materials for internal and external use
- • Assist with management of external and internal clients
- • Attend congressional hearings, agency meetings, health care stakeholder conferences and other events relevant to firm clients
- • Develop and maintain personal relationships with members of Congress, congressional staff, agency staff and other health care stakeholders so these relationships can be utilized to advance and support client goals
- • Prepare and present webinars and participate in public speaking activities outside of DC
- • Attend political fundraising events inside and outside of DC
- • Experience with the legislative/regulatory process and congressional resources
- • An understanding of how to successfully navigate the Washington political, legislative and regulatory environment
- • A customer service mindset
- • Very strong oral and written communication skills, problem-solving, attention to detail, project management and the ability to synthesize and present complex information to various audiences
- • Strong capabilities with modern communications tool such as PowerPoint, Excel, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- • Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in health or government a plus
- • 2+ years of experience working on health care issues on Capitol Hill or at CMS
- • Background in Democratic politics preferred
- • Commensurate with experience
Please send all inquiries to Brooke Beach at email@example.com.