Title: Associate Manager of Federal Advocacy
The Associate Manager of Federal Advocacy at Biocom California’s Washington D.C office will assist the Director of Federal Policy and Government Affairs with implementing Biocom California’s legislative policy agenda and influencing federal policy.
Associate Manager of Federal Advocacy
- • Track, identify, and analyze relevant legislative issues that impact Biocom California’s federal policy agenda.
- • Write summaries of relevant legislation and policy issues as directed.
- • Engage with Biocom California’s membership to get feedback on legislative issues.
- • Monitor and write summaries of congressional hearings featuring agency officials and industry representatives.
- • Assist the Director of Federal Policy and Government Affairs with drafting legislative comment letters, position statements, and advocacy material.
- • Engage with congressional offices as directed.
- • Write policy updates for Biocom California’s Federal Policy Committee, newsletters, website and social media.
- • Manage Biocom California’s Intellectual Property Committee, including membership recruitment, membership engagement, content setting and programming for meetings.
- • Organize virtual and in-person briefings to educate congressional offices on federal legislative issues.
- • Assist the Director of Federal Policy and Government Affairs with the organization of high-level events with elected officials, including meetings, roundtables, receptions, and fly-ins.
- • Attend relevant coalition meetings, issue briefings, and events.
- • Keep records of meetings and topics discussed with federal officials for federal filings.
- • Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills and Experience:
- • Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; Master’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Public Policy, Law, or a related field a plus.
- • Minimum of three years’ experience working for a congressional office or committee, federal agency, or relevant entity.
- • Extensive knowledge of congressional procedures and policies required; knowledge of life science and health care policies a strong plus.
- • Demonstrated effectiveness in policy research, analysis, and development.
- • Excellent writing and oral communication skills and strict attention to detail.
- • Ability to motivate the membership to participate and become engaged in public policy initiatives and committees.
- • Ability to interact professionally and independently with internal and external stakeholders and maintain good working relationships with others in a fast-paced, team environment.
- • Ability to operate with minimum supervision, take initiative, and produce results.
- • Proficient in communicating the mission of the association and its benefits to prospective members.
- • Must be available for some evening and early morning events and limited travel (post pandemic).
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org *
Biocom California is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse workforce, and maintaining a workplace that is equitable, inclusive, and safe for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law