Political Action Committee (PAC) Manager
In this exciting role at our Washington DC-based, trade association, the PAC Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Farm Credit PAC. This includes managing the PAC budget, creating reports tracking PAC performance against budget and planning and executing strategies to enhance PAC programming and ensuring compliance with relevant legal requirements for the PAC and lobbying/political activities. The PAC Manager manages the relationship with the outside vendor for PAC recordkeeping and compliance reporting and creates, in cooperation with the Government Affairs team, and executes strategies to enhance PAC check distribution activities. In addition, as a member of the Government Affairs team, the PAC Manager supports a variety of other congressionally and administration focused activities.
- • Manages Farm Credit Council’s relationship with Aristotle, the outside vendor supporting Farm Credit PAC receipts, disbursements, recordkeeping, and compliance reporting.
- • In coordination with Aristotle staff, and our General Counsel, ensures timely and accurate compliance with all relevant laws related to Farm Credit PAC and federal lobbying activities and prepares related reports as necessary. Also works with Farm Credit institutions to ensure they are aware of and have access to compliance materials.
- • Works with Farm Credit institution legislative officers to prepare, for approval by the PAC Treasurer and PAC Steering Committee, an annual PAC budget, to include a list of candidates approved for Farm Credit PAC contributions along with amounts approved for each, and periodically reports on performance against that budget.
- • Works with Farm Credit institution legislative officers and the government affairs team throughout the year to update and amend the approved PAC budget as necessary.
- • Works with the government affairs team and Farm Credit institution legislative officers to ensure the timely and effective distribution of Farm Credit PAC contributions to approved candidates.
- • Ensures that Farm Credit institutions have the information needed to raise funds for Farm Credit PAC and can appropriately participate in the distribution of funds from Farm Credit PAC to approved candidates.
- • Constructs meeting materials as staff support to PAC Steering Committee and maintains all relevant records as needed.
- • Creates programming intended to provide educational opportunities for membership to integrate into their fundraising activities.
- • Represents Farm Credit PAC at events hosted on behalf of the PAC and grassroots community.
- • Assists in the planning of both fundraising and non fundraising events locally and in Washington, D.C.
- • Minimum of 3 years’ experience in PAC management, fundraising or accounting
- • Bachelor’s degree
- • Preferred experience in Aristotle or a similar PAC or fundraising management platform
- • Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- • Organizational skills with attention to detail & high degree of accuracy
- • Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbally
- • Maintains confidentiality as required and supports the core values and mission of the organization
- • Position may require minimal travel
An Overview of Farm Credit Council
The Farm Credit Council is the national trade association representing Farm Credit institutions before Congress, the Executive Branch and others. The Council provides the mechanism for member grassroots involvement in the development of positions and policies with respect to federal legislation and government actions that impact Farm Credit.
Farm Credit has a mission to support rural communities and agriculture with reliable, consistent credit and financial services, today and tomorrow. More information about Farm Credit is available at www.farmcredit.com.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- 90% employer paid health insurance options
- 10+ paid holidays annually
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Generous 401k matching and other benefits
- Collaborative and welcoming work environment
Farm Credit Council is an equal opportunity employer and values an inclusive and diverse workplace. Candidates with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.