Government Outreach Associate
A Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit international think tank/media research organization focusing on the Middle East and extremism is seeking a full-time government outreach associate.
- Identifying Congressional and U.S. government offices which could benefit from access to the organization's research on various issues.
- Scheduling meetings/briefings for organization’s senior staff with officials, and potentially conducting own meetings with lower-mid level staffers.
- Understanding and synthesizing the organization's research for effective digital and in-person outreach.
- Maintaining organized files and schedules of outreach.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Background in the field of online foreign policy research and extremism, and ability to quickly become conversant in organization research.
- Recent government/Capitol Hill employment history is a strong plus.
- Experience interacting with government offices, and knowledge of U.S. government processes. Relevant departments include State Dept, DOJ, DHS, DoD.
- Bachelor's Degree at minimum, and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Military and/or intel background preferred.
For further information and to apply, please send resume and cover letter to FPjobbox@yahoo.com with "Government Outreach Associate" in the subject line.