NCTA-The Internet and Television Association (“NCTA”) - headquartered in Washington, D.C.- represents network innovators and content creators that connect, entertain, inform and inspire consumers every day. Our industry supports 3 million American jobs and employs at least 300 people in every congressional district. NCTA’s member companies have a groundbreaking history and equally impressive vision for the future, emboldened by a spirit of innovation, creativity and passion to be the best.
This position normally operates in a professional office environment. However, remote work may take place due to COVID-19 and any other pandemic or for any reason as determined by NCTA’s CEO.
NCTA seeks a Legislative Assistant who will provide high level, confidential, project coordination and administrative support for the External and State Government Relations team; following up to ensure all team deliverables are prioritized and executed in a timely manner.
- Assists with monitoring, tracking and analyzing state legislative and regulatory issues related to broadband, telecommunications and video.
- Works with the VP and State Legislative Counsel to manage the relationship with the state legislative tracking service.
- Drafts memos, talking points and presentations with the team related to state legislative activity and work with our strategic partners.
- Works with the External Affairs team to stay current on the activities of strategic partners; responds to inquiries and routes matters as appropriate.
- Attends and arranges logistics for webinars and meetings including internal organizational and external meetings.
- Schedules and manages calendars, including the coordination of meetings requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and partner organizations.
- Researches and maintains contact lists for Government Relations Team-supported committees and inputs data regularly into relevant dashboard/databases.
- Works with the team to provide resource material for the virtual resource center; responds to member company requests and inquiries.
- Maintains and processes invoices, expense reports, and tracks vendor payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public policy, political science or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience; prior experience supporting the government affairs work of an organization.
- Working knowledge of broadband, Internet, telecommunications and video industries a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential/sensitive matters in a discrete and professional manner.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Advanced user of technology including collaboration tools, databases and video conferencing tools.
- Some travel required.
Send your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations. Please reference the Legislative Assistant position in your cover letter. Email your application here or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention: VP, Human Resources, NCTA-The Internet and Television Association, 25 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Suite 100, Washington, DC 20001.
What We Offer
NCTA believes that diversity of experience and perspective are strengths and seeks to continue to grow a highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. In addition to a highly competitive salary and bonus program, and a platform of extensive benefits, NCTA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, a wellbeing program, employee assistance program and commuting benefits. We also offer a robust 401k plan, a generous paid time off plan, paid holidays, and a paid winter break.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We at NCTA are committed to building a culture where diverse people, ideas, and experiences are welcomed, included, and celebrated; where our employees can thrive as they bring their best authentic selves to work every day. NCTA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.